Electromagnetic Interference Shielding Efficiency in the Range 8.2-12.4 GHz of Polymer Composites with Dispersed Carbon Nanoparticles
In the present work, electromagnetic interference shielding properties of polymer composites with dispersed cup-stacked carbon nanotubes, graphite nanoparticles and carbon black were investigated. The polymer composites with carbon nanoparticles content from 1 to 5 w% were successfully prepared by the coagulation method, and composite sheets with thickness from 0.25 to 0.77 mm were formed by the hot press technique. The electromagnetic interference shielding efficiency measured in the frequency range of 8.2~12.4 GHz (X-band) of cup-stacked carbon nanotubes/polymer composite was considerably higher than that of carbon black and graphite nanoparticles polymer composites at the same contents of carbon nanoparticles, and contribution of absorption to the shielding efficiency was found to be higher than that of reflection.
2. Wu, J., Chung, D.D.L. J. Electron. Mater. 34:1255 (2005).
3. Oh, J-H., Oh, K-S., Kim, C-G., Hong, C-S. Composites B 35:49 (2004).
4. Das, N., Khastgir, D., Chiaki, T., Chakraborty, A. Composites A 31:1069 (2000).
5. Al-Saleh, M.H., Sundararaj, U. Carbon 7:1738 (2009).
6. Hornbostel, B., Leute, U., Potschke, P., Kotz, J., Kornfeld, D., Chiu, P-W., Roth S. Physics E 40:2425 (2008).
7. Liu, Q., Ren, W., Chen, Z-G., Yin, L., Li, F., Cong, H., Cheng H-M. Carbon 47:731 (2009).
8. Du, F., Fischer, J.E., Winey, K.I. J. Polym. Sci.B 41: 3333 (2003).
9. Hornbostel, B., Potschke, P., Kotz, J., Roth, S. Phys. Stat. Sol. B 243:3445 (2006).
10. Mahmoodi, M., Arjmand, M., Sunararaj, U., Park, S. Carbon 50:1455 (2012).
Copyright (c) 2012 Eurasian Chemico-Technological Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to: Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.