Synthesis and Characterization of Sr2CeO4 Phosphor Doped with Erbium
The present paper reports the Photoluminescence (PL) of the Sr2CeO4 phosphor, singly doped with Erbium rare-earth ion with different concentrations (0.01, 0.1, 0.2, 0.5 and 1%).The phosphor samples were synthesized using the standard solid state reaction technique. The effect of Er dopant on the structural, morphological, and Photoluminescent properties of the samples are studied with X-ray diffraction (XRD), PL and SEM analysis. The PL emission of undoped Sr2CeO4 phosphor was observed at 470 nm with high intensity followed by the primary Er emissions with good intensity at 525, 530, 549, 557 and 565 nm.
2. Yen,W.M., Shionoya,S and Yamamoto,H, Phosphor Handbook, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL (USA) 2007.
3. Celikkaya, A. and Akinc, M, J. American Ceramic Soc. 73 (1990) 2360.
4. Chnader, H, Mater. Sci. and Eng. R49 (2005) 113.
5. Murthy, K.V.R et al., Radiation Protection Dosimetry (2006), Vol. 120, No. 1–4, pp. 238–241.
6. Pallavi Page, Rahul Ghildiyal and Murthy, K.V.R, Materials Research Bulletin, Vol.41, 10, 12, October 2006, Pages 1854-1860.
7. Rahul Ghildiyal, Pallavi Page and Murthy, K.V.R, Journal of Luminescence, Vol.124, Issue 2, June 2007, Pages 217-220.
8. Pallavi Page, Rahul Ghildiyal and Murthy, K.V.R, Materials Research Bulletin, 43(2008) 353-360.
9. E. Danielson, M. Devenney, D.M. Giaquinta, J.H. Golden, R.C.Haushalter, E.W.Mc Farland, D.M. Poojary, C.M. Reaves, W.H. Weinberg, and X.D. Wu, Science 279, 837 (1998).
10. Arunachalam Lakshmanan, Luminescence and Display Phosphors: Phenomena and Applications. Nova Publishers, NY, USA,ISBN 978-1-60456-018-3 (2008).
11. Uheda, K., Hirosaki, N., Yamamoto, Y., Naito, A., Nakajima, T and Yamamoto, H., Electrochem. Solid State 9 (2006), p. H22.
12. Rao, R. P, Luminescence, Phenomena, Matreials and Devices, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. New York, NY (USA), 1992.
13. Blasse, G and Grabmaier, B.C, Luminescent Materials, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (Germany) 1994.
14. Yen, W.M and Weber, M.J, Inorganic Phosphors (Composition, Preparation and Optical Properties), CRC Press.Boca Raton, FL (USA) 2004.
Copyright (c) 2011 Eurasian Chemico-Technological Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to: Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.