Soot and Fullerenes Formation in the Premixed Benzene-Oxygen Mixture in Electric Field at Low Pressure
Influence of the direct electric current of different polarity on flame forms, soot yield, parameters of soot samples micro crystals (Lа, Lc and d002) and soot particles sizes in intensity range from 0.5 to 20 kV at electrode systems «needle-plane» at combustion of benzene-oxygen mixture at the ratio С/О = 1.0 with addition of 10% volume of argon at pressure 40 Torr was investigated. It was found that at positive polarity action of electric field rises to such a degree that at U ≥ 10 kV it leads to flame extinction. It is shown that maximum decrease in soot yield is observed at negative polarity. It was found that intensity range of electric field in which soot yield was 10% more soot yield without applying electric field. It was shown that parameters of soot micro crystals on average remain constant irrespective of intensity andpolarity. Fullerenes С60, С70 and PAH were identified in the extracts of soot samples by the method of IR-spectroscopy.
2. Z.A. Mansurov, A.A. Merkulov, В.Т. Popov, N.S. Tuleutaev, Chemistry of solid fuel (3) (1994) 83-86 (Russian).
3. Z.A. Mansurov, Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, 84 (1) (2011) 125-159.
4. Z.A. Mansurov, Journal of Thermal Science, 9 (4) (2006) 264- 280.
5. Z.A. Mansurov, N.G. Prikhodko, T.T. Mashan, B.T. Lesbayev, Chim. Phis., 25 (10) (2006) 18-22 (Russian)
6. E.M. Stepanov, B.G. D’yachkov, Ionization in flame and electric field, Metallurgy, Moscow, 1986. p. 312.
7. B.L Wersborg, A.C. Yeung, J.B Howard The Comb. Inst. (1975) 1439-48.
8. D.B. Olson, H.F. Calcote. Ions in fuel-rich and sooting acetylene and benzene flames // 18th Symp. (Intern) on Combustion. Pittsburg: The Combust. Inst., 1981. P. 458-464.
9. D.G. Kell, R.J. Gill, D.B. Olson, H.F. Calcote. Ionization and soot formation in premixed flames // 20th Symp. (Intern) on Combustion. Pittsburg: The Combust. Inst., 1984. P. 1129-1137.
10. S. Masahiro, A. Toshihiro, A. Masataka, Combust. Flame 119 (1999) 356-366.
11. A. Goel, P. Hebgen, J.B Vander Sande, J.B. Howard, Carbon 40 (2002) 177-182.
12. J. Warnatz, U. Maas, R. Dibble, Combustion. Physical and chemical aspects, modeling, experiments, formation of polluting substances, Phys. Math. Lit., Moscow, 2003, p.352.
Copyright (c) 2012 Eurasian Chemico-Technological Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to: Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.