Catalytic Alkylation of Brown Coal and Peat
AbstractThe alcohol alkylation of low-grade metamorphic coal and peat in the presence of mineral and organic acids was studied using FTIR, NMR, and GC-MS. The impact of the reaction conditions on the yield of extractable matter was investigated experimentally, and relevant regression equations were obtained. Changes in the group and individual compositions of the wax fractions of bitumen in the process of brown coal and peat alkylation were studied. It was found that the esters of alkylated coal waxes consisted of native esters of fatty acids, and alkyl esters of these acids formed as a result of the alkylation reaction. Esterification and transesterification were predominant in the reactions of the bitumen fraction components. The positive effect of alcohol alkylation on the increase of the bitumen yield was found.
2. Zherebtsov, S.I., Solid Fuel Chemistry (Moscow), 2007, № 3, p. 60.
3. Zherebtsov, S.I., Lozbin, V.I., and Polubentseva, M.F. Solid Fuel Chemistry (Moscow), 2003, № 2, p. 8.
4. Zherebtsov, S.I., Tr. IV mezhdunar. nauchn.-prakt. konf. “Regional’nye problemy ustoichivogo razvitiya prirodoresursnykh regionov i puti ikh resheniya” (Proc. IV Int. Sci. Pract. Conf. “Regional Problems of the
Sustainable Development of Natural Resource Regions and Ways to Their Solution”), Kemerovo, 2003, p. 129.
5. Abbot, J.M., Erbatur, O., and Gains, A.F. Fuel, 1984, vol. 63, № 10, p. 1441.
6. Alemany, L.B. and Stock, L.M. Fuel, 1982, vol. 61, № 3, p. 250.
7. Liotta, R., Rose, K., and Hippo, E. J. Org. Chem., 1981, № 46, p. 277.
8. Karamysheva, F.N. and Zhuchkova, A.N. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po planirovaniyu eksperimenta v tekhnologii stroimaterialov (Manual on Experimental Design in the Technology of Building Materials),
Chelyabinsk: UralNIIstromproekt, 1973. p. 41.
9. Draper, N.R. and Smith, H. Applied Regression Analysis, Chichester: Wiley, 1973. p. 392.
10. Aronov, S.G., Nesterenko L.L. Chemistry of solid combustible minerals. Publishing Kharkov State University, 1960. p. 371.
11. Rode, V.V. and Papirova, E.A., Khim. Tverd. Topl. (Moscow), 1981, № 6, p. 52.
12. Nakanishi, K. Infrared Absorption Spectroscopy, Tokyo: Holden Day, 1962. p. 216.
13. Bellamy, L.J The Infra-Red Spectra of Complex Molecules, London: Methuen, 1954. p. 444.
14. Bellamy, L.J. Advances in Infrared Group Frequencies, Bungay: Methuen, 1968. p. 318.
15. Kuznetsov P.N., Kuznetsova L.I. Solid Fuel Chemistry, 2008. vol. 42. № 6. p. 373.
Copyright (c) 2012 Eurasian Chemico-Technological Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to: Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.